African passport holders will require a visa to travel to the US for any occasion. There are different types of visas you can apply for based on your reason for visiting and there are many requirements to fulfill if you want your visa application to be approved.
There are also visa fees which will depend on the type of visa you’re applying for. The visa fees are also subject to change as determined by the US Government. Right here we will provide you with the current visa fee rates as well as the requirements for applying for a US Visa from Nigeria or anywhere in Africa.
- Traveling to USA: How Much in Total Do You Need?
- List of High-demand Non-skilled Jobs in USA
- How to Apply for a US Visa from Africa
- Easiest Ways to Get a US Visa from Africa
Visa Application Fee Amounts
|Fee Amount (USD)||Fee Amount (NGN)||Visa Type||Description|
|$160||67200.00||I||Journalist and Media|
|$160||67200.00||T||Victim of Human Trafficking|
|$160||67200.00||U||Victim of Criminal Activity|
|$190||79800.00||H||Temporary/Seasonal Workers and Employment, Trainees|
|$190||79800.00||O||Persons with Extraordinary Ability|
|$190||79800.00||P||Athletes. Artists & Entertainers|
|$190||79800.00||Q||International Cultural Exchange|
|$265||111300.00||K||Fiancé(e) or Spouse of U.S. Citizen|
|$205||86100.00||E||Treaty Trader/Investor, Australian Professional Specialty|
How to Apply for US Visa
- You will be required to provide a square-shaped passport photograph with minimum dimensions of 600 pixels x 600 pixels (height x width). The maximum dimensions are 1200 pixels x 1200 pixels (height x width). The background of the passport should be either in white or off-white.
- Complete the DS-160 form online and submit it through the US Department of State website.
- Pay the non-refundable visa processing fee by making a deposit at a bank or paying online
- Schedule an appointment with the Embassy/Consulate. You can do so online or through the call center.
- You will be required to provide the following documents on the day of your interview:
- Your color photograph that meets the requirements
- Your current and previous passports
- Your visa fee payment receipt
- The 10-digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page
- You will have to include additional documentation depending on your visa type.
- You can attend your USA visa application interview at the US Consulate General or US Embassy in your country.
- When you arrive for the interview at the Embassy/Consulate General, your fingerprint will be taken. However, you will not have to go through this process if you’re applying for a diplomatic or international organization visa. The same goes if you’re under the age of 14 or over the age of 79
- When your visa is approved, you will be notified and your passport will be ready at the pick-up location you specified when you scheduled your appointment.
How to Make Payment For US Visa
The non-refundable USA Visa Application fee will depend on the type of visa. For business and tourist visas which are the most popular, the cost is set at about US$160.
Payments can be made in cash at a designated bank’s branch close to you or via their online portals.
If you prefer to make your payment over the counter at a bank, you will be required to present a photocopy of the data page of your passport. You will be provided with a receipt which you must sign before leaving the bank.
Paying online via the Internet banking portal will require that you own an account with the Bank. If you do, you can make the payment quickly and you will be provided a receipt. Print the receipt as proof of payment.
US Visa Requirements
Visa applicants from Africa will need the following for their USA visa application:
- International passport with two blank pages for visa and entry stamps. Passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the return date.
- Previous passport (for travel history)
- Barcoded DS-160 form confirmation page
- Appointment confirmation page
- Two-color passport photographs
- Application fee payment receipt
- Proof of funds (i.e. payslips, bank statements, proof of assets and investments, etc)