If you’re looking for a fun-filled weekend in Texas, look no further than Belton. This charming city located in the heart of Central Texas offers a wide range of activities and attractions that are sure to keep you entertained.
From visiting the Bell County Museum to fishing at Lake Belton, there are lots of interesting things to do in Belton this weekend.
Things To Do In Belton TX During Weekends
1. Visit the Bell County Museum
The Bell County Museum is a great place to explore the history and culture of Bell County. The museum features exhibits on the first settlers of the area, Native American artefacts, and exhibits on the local wildlife.
You can also learn about the Civil War, the development of the railroad, and other important events in the county’s history. You should include a visit to this museum on your list of things to do in Belton, TX this weekend.
2. Go fishing at Lake Belton
Lake Belton is a popular fishing spot that covers over 12,000 acres of water. It’s a great place to catch largemouth bass, catfish, and other species. The lake also offers plenty of picnic areas, hiking trails, and camping facilities.
3. Explore the Chisholm Trail
The Chisholm Trail was a major cattle drive route that passed through Belton in the late 1800s. You can learn about the history of cattle drives in Texas by exploring the trail. There are several markers and monuments along the trail that tell the story of this important part of Texas history.
4. Visit the Summer Fun Water Park
The Summer Fun Water Park is a great place to cool off on a hot day. The park features several water slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool. There are also plenty of shaded areas and picnic tables to relax and enjoy the day.
5. Go hiking at the BLORA Nature in Lights Trail
The BLORA Nature in Lights Trail is a popular hiking trail that is transformed into a winter wonderland during the holiday season. The trail is open year-round for hiking and exploring, and it offers beautiful views of the local flora and fauna.
6. Play a round of golf at the Mill Creek Golf Course
The Mill Creek Golf Course is a beautiful course that is open to the public. It features 18 holes and several water hazards and bunkers that add to the challenge of the course. The course is well-maintained and offers a fun and challenging golfing experience.
7. Attend a local festival or event
Belton hosts several festivals and events throughout the year that are worth checking out. The Bloomin’ Temple Festival is a popular spring festival that features live music, food vendors, and carnival rides.
The Central Texas State Fair is another popular event that takes place in September and features rodeos, concerts, and carnival games. The Fourth of July Jubilee is another popular event that features live music, food vendors, and a fireworks display.
8. Visit the Beltonian Theatre
The Beltonian Theatre is a historic theatre located in downtown Belton. The theatre was built in 1924 and has been beautifully restored.
The theatre shows both classic and modern films, and you can enjoy a movie while sitting in comfortable chairs and snacking on some popcorn. The Beltonian Theatre also has a bar area where you can grab a drink before or after the movie.
9. Explore the local art scene
Belton has a vibrant art scene, and there are several galleries and studios you can visit to explore the work of local artists. The Downtown Belton Arts District is a great place to start, with several galleries and studios located within walking distance of each other. The District also hosts several art shows and events throughout the year that showcase the work of local artists.
10. Visit the Bell County Farmers’ Market
The Bell County Farmers’ Market is open on Saturdays and is a great place to sample local produce, baked goods, and other artisanal products. The market features over 40 vendors selling everything from fresh fruits and vegetables to homemade jams and jellies.
You can support local farmers and artisans while enjoying some delicious treats. Additionally, the market also hosts several events throughout the year, such as cooking demos and live music performances.
11. Visit the Stillhouse Hollow Lake
Stillhouse Hollow Lake is a beautiful lake located just outside of Belton. The lake offers a variety of recreational activities, including fishing, boating, kayaking, and swimming. You can also hike or bike on the nearby trails, or simply relax on the beach.
12. Take a tour of the Bell County Courthouse
The Bell County Courthouse is a beautiful building that was built in 1884. You can take a guided tour of the courthouse to learn about its history and architecture. The tour includes a visit to the courtroom, where you can see the original woodwork and stained glass windows.
13. Explore the Miller Springs Nature Center
The Miller Springs Nature Center is a 260-acre nature preserve that offers hiking trails, wildlife viewing, and educational programs. The preserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, coyotes, and several species of birds.
14. Visit the UMHB Mayborn Science Theater
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor’s Mayborn Science Theater is a state-of-the-art facility that features a planetarium and a giant screen theatre. You can enjoy a variety of shows and films, including astronomy shows, nature documentaries, and Hollywood blockbusters.
15. Go on a brewery tour
Belton is home to several craft breweries, including Bold Republic Brewing Co. and Barrow Brewing Company. You can take a tour of these breweries to learn about the brewing process and sample some delicious beers.
Many of the breweries also host live music events and food trucks. It would be fun to include a brewery tour in the list of things to do in Belton, TX this weekend.
Fun Facts about Belton Texas
- Belton was founded in 1850 and was named after a Texas Governor, Peter Hansborough Bell.
- The town of Belton is home to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, which was founded in 1845.
- Belton is located in the heart of Central Texas and is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery, including lakes, rivers, and rolling hills.
- Belton has been used as a filming location for several movies and TV shows, including “Friday Night Lights” and “Revolution”.
- The Bell County Courthouse in Belton is one of the oldest continuously operating courthouses in Texas, and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Belton has a thriving arts scene, with several galleries, studios, and theatres showcasing the work of local artists and performers.
- The Bloomin’ Temple Festival, which takes place in Belton every spring, is one of the largest festivals in Central Texas and attracts thousands of visitors each year.
- Belton is home to several craft breweries, including Bold Republic Brewing Co. and Barrow Brewing Company.
- The Miller Springs Nature Center in Belton is a 260-acre nature preserve that offers hiking trails, wildlife viewing, and educational programs.
- The Beltonian Theatre, located in downtown Belton, is a historic theatre that was built in 1924 and has been beautifully restored. The theatre shows both classic and modern films and offers a unique movie-going experience.
Brief Overview of Belton, Texas
Belton is a city located in Bell County, Texas, in the central part of the state. It is situated approximately 60 miles north of Austin and 150 miles south of Dallas. The city has a population of around 23,845 people and covers an area of 20.7 square miles.
Belton is known for its historic downtown district, which is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions. The city also has a thriving arts scene, with several galleries, studios, and theatres showcasing the work of local artists and performers.
Belton, Texas is a perfect destination for a fun weekend getaway. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or nature, this city has something to offer everyone.
From exploring the Summer Fun Water Park to taking a tour of the historic Beltonian Theatre or hiking in the Miller Springs Nature Center, there’s no shortage of things to do in Belton, TX this weekend. So, pack your bags and head to Belton for a memorable weekend full of adventure and fun!