JAMB Subject Combination and WAEC Requirements For Estate Management (2023)
There is a rise in total numbers of students combining wrong subjects for their desired courses both in Jamb and WAEC standard. Prior to this time, much attention has not been given to this alarming issue. But recently, hands have been on deck to curtail all these errors and issues evolving from subject combination for courses in different institution, which is the focus of this article.
JAMB Subject Combination For Estate Management
Estate Management as a discipline stands out to be one of the highly competitive course many of the science-inclined prospective undergraduates always fills in whenever they are filling their Jamb forms.
It is a discipline that is mostly under the faculty of engineering, Technology or environment. From the 2020/2021 academic session, official Jamb Brochure for UTME and Direct Entry subjects’ combinations for Estate Management are:
- English Language.
- Mathematics, which three first subjects are the compulsory subjects, then the candidate is given an option of choosing only one subject from the remaining subjects to make it up to four subjects which is required.
- Economics. And
But for Direct Entry candidates, it is required that they have a minimum of upper credit in ND/ HND and then the basic UTME subjects’ combinations.
WAEC SUBJECTS REQUIREMENT FOR ESTATE MANAGEMENT
A profession in Estate Management has expanded in its scopes that it now embodies on monitoring, managing and controlling of a real Estates apart from just buying and selling of lands which it was associated with before.
These subjects are essential in WAEC before a candidate can be admitted to study Estate Management in any of Nigeria’s tertiary institutions.
- English Language.
- Mathematics, these first three subjects are the core subjects. And then any of these two science subjects
- Agricultural Sciences and
Prospective undergraduate is obliged to make at least five credits on these subjects.
Estate Management As A Course
Estate Management origin in Nigeria can be dated back to the beginning of time, which at that time it was known as Estate Surveying and Valuation. During the F. G. Gleave regime who was the pioneer chartered Surveyor to build up an Estate Surveying and Valuation firm in Nigeria by 1955, that is, the period of colonialism in Nigeria, Estate Management Surveying and Valuation was established.
Estate Surveying and Valuation as a profession historically surrounded itself exclusively with the activities that entails with industrial properties, residential and public belongings on person’s owner’s behalf who desired to be lifted with the roles of looking after his properties, maintaining his belongings, collection of house and other residential rents not forgetting keeping of a good record of his belongings. Sophistication in public activities and the coming of civilization has made the discipline to fit in perfectly well through widening of its areas.
In the feudal societies of Middle Ages development in Europe, Estate Surveying and Valuation is a well-known discipline through evolution. During this evolutionary period, where the extensive and far-flung holdings were owned by the lords of the manor of medieval Europe, tenants and serfs that have the honor that could possess a backup in a fiduciary relationship were allowed to take possession of a large share of Far-flung holdings remaining the small bucks for the landlords.
Estate Management and Surveyor have a total number of six specialized types that made it be regarded as a noble profession. The six types are:
- Estate Agency: This deals with transactions of belongings interests.
- Project Development: This entails all the processes that lead to final development of a property from its inception.
- Arbitration services: This means acting as a middleman between the two parties involved.
- Valuation: This involves the calculation of the finance involved at a given time.
- Estate Consultancy Services: Just as the name sound, it simply means giving advice on transactions of any project.
- Property Management: This is the general management of all the properties.
Nigeria Schools That Offer Estate Management
Not all the tertiary institutions here in Nigeria offers Estate Management as a disciple in its school. Some of the tertiary institutions that offer it are:
- Osun State University.
- Gregory University, Uturu.
- Crescent University.
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna.
- Covenant University.
- Enugu state university of science and Technology.
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka Anambra state.
- Abia state university, Uturu.
- Nasarawa State University.
- Wesley University of science and technology.
- Cross River State University of technology.
- The University of Lagos.
- Caleb University.
- Oduduwa University.
- The University of Uyo.
- Federal University of Technology, Minna.
- Imo state university.
- The University of Jos.
- Caritas University, Enugu.
- The University of Benin.
- Bayero University, Kano state.
- Joseph Ajo Babalola University.
- Obafemi Awolowo University.
- Federal University of Technology, Akure.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- Bauchi State University.
- The Rivers State University of Technology.
- Imo state university.
- The Bells University of Technology.
- Auchi Polytechnic.
- Abia state polytechnic, Aba.
- Crown Polytechnic, Odo Ado -Ekiti.
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa.
- Akwa -Ibom state polytechnic, Ikot Osurua.
- Benue state polytechnic, Ugbokolo.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede.
- Durben polytechnic, Garam Road, fct Abuja.
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida.
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ida.
- Federal Polytechnic, Uka.
- Federal Polytechnic, Gboko.
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi.
- Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa.
- Edo State Institute of Technology and Management, Usen.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede.
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan.
- Rivers state polytechnic, Bori.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba.
- Romat Polytechnic, Maiduguri.
- Waziri Umaru Federal polytechnic, Binin Kebbi.
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo.
- Walex polytechnic, Ikeja Lagos.
- Heritage Polytechnic, Ikot Udota.
- Kaduna state polytechnic
- Moshood Abiola polytechnic, Abeokuta.
- Interlink polytechnic, Ijebu Jesa, Osun state.
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu
- Kwara state polytechnic, Ilorin Kwara state.
- Nuhu Bamali Polytechnic, Zaria.
- Niger state polytechnic, Zungenu.
- Plateau state polytechnic, Barkin -Ladi.
- Ogun State Institute of Technology, Igbese Osun
- Nogak polytechnic, mile 2 road, Ikom, Cross River State.
- Imo state police, Umuagwo, Owerri.
- Hussaini Adamu Federal polytechnic, Kazaure.
- Nigeria Army school of military engineering, Makurdi.
It can be concluded by students aspiring to study Estate Management in Nigeria’s tertiary institutions is are increasing at alarming rate, and for aspirants to have an edge to qualify or be eligible for admission, needed JAMB subject combinations and WAEC subject combinations must tally with the required requirements from different aspirants.
- JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE AND WAEC SUBJECT REQUIREMENT
- JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR LAW AND WAEC SUBJECTS REQUIRED FOR LAW
- JAMB Subject Combination For Architecture And WAEC Subject Required For Architecture
- JAMB Subject Combination For Economics And WAEC Subject Required For Economics
- JAMB Subject Combination For Banking & Finance And WAEC Subject Required For Banking & Finance
Tags: JAMB Subject Combination For Estate Management And WAEC Subject Required