JAMB CAPS PORTAL – jamb.org.ng/efacility/login HOW TO CHECK YOUR ADMISSION STATUS
Joint Admission Matriculation Board is a formidable body in the Nigerian education system. The board is in charge of the affairs of conducting and supervision of entrance examination into tertiary institution in Nigeria; the exam is mainly for anticipated undergraduates into the Nigerian Universities, Polytechnic, Monotechnic and Colleges of Education (be it Federal, State or Private) and such schools must be accredited before it can be recognized by the board. This examination is known as the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). This post will be centered on different uses and majorly how to check your admission status on JAMB CAPS portal – https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/login
As such, candidates need to possess the required qualification in WAEC, NECO or its equivalent before certified and fit to sit for the examination set by the board. The board came into existence by an Act of 1978, subsequently amended in 1989 and 1993. By the virtue of the Act, the Board is empowered to be responsible for the:
- Appointment of examiners, moderators, invigilators, members of the subject panels and committees and other persons with respect to matriculation examinations;
- Placement of suitably qualified candidates in the tertiary institutions in collaboration with those institutions.
- General control over the conduct of matriculation examinations into all Universities, Monotechnic, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education (Federal, State or Private).
This article is to help candidates who find it difficult to walk their way through the JAMB CAPS portal. More importantly, to provide an in-depth insight and information about JMAB CAPS portal which will enhance the usage of the portal by users who visit the site.
ABOUT JAMB CAPS – https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/login
Jamb Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is a new initiative for admission method which began in the year 2017. It is through Jamb CAPS you can check and accept Jamb 2019 admission. JAMB CAPS is introduced for the purpose of transparency, credibility, and accountability of admission process. The CAPS system is designed in such a way that Nigeria Tertiary Institution can only admit candidates who meet their cut-off points. A candidate who fails to meet the cutoff mark would be denied admission despite his or her ‘connections’ in the society.
- It can be used to check your admission status to see whether you have been admitted or not.
- You will also use the portal to accept admission once you have been offered admission to your school of choice.
CREATING ACCOUNT ON JAMB CAPS PORTAL
There is need to have an account on the portal to gain full access to the information on the portal. The process is:
- Visit JAMB Profile Login to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user.
- In order to create your profile, there is need to provide an email address, Name (Surname and First name) Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and lastly password, then click on the Sign-Up button.
To log in: all you need do is to enter your e-mail which is your “username” in the username box or space and your “password” in the password box or space.
HOW TO ACCESS JAMB CAPS PORTAL
In order to access the JAMB CAPS portal, you follow the under listed procedure:
- Visit Jamb facility login portal by clicking http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility (preferably with a PC)
- Type and enter your Email address and Password to access your portal
- Move your cursor and Click on the Options tab at the top right corner(4 parallel horizontal lines)
- Click on the list of drop-down Menu, click on CAPS under Admissions
- If you only see Welcome, try to use a PC to access the portal. If you want to use Android phones, use browsers like Chrome or Firefox. Then, request for the desktop site from the list of options in Chrome or Firefox.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT JAMB CAPS
There is need to bear in mind some important facts about JAMB CAPS portal, there are some facts you need to know about it. See them below
- If you have been offered an admission, your portal will read, “ADMITTED” and you’re to accept the offer of admission, you’re not expected to accept until you’ve been offered admission
- If your portal reads “RECOMMENDED “, it means a candidate is opened to other institutions
- It is expected you do not accept if your portal reads “NOT ADMITTED “, whoever does that is at his/her risk.
- If your portal read “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS, CHECK BACK LATER “, it means your school is yet to release admission list.
- It is not advisable to use the CAPS portal until the school you choose has released the admission list.
- Immediately you click on “accept” admission offer, it cannot be reverted.
- If your admission status or other details are blank or do not show, JAMB is still in the process of uploading the details, so don’t relent, keep checking.
- On your portal, if it reads “APPROVED “, it means Jamb has approved your admission and you have been admitted.
HOW TO CHECK ADMISSION STATUS
- Visit the jamb caps admission checking portal using this link http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/acceptadmission.aspx. IF the first link does not work for you, use this one http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/app_candidates/candidateprofile.aspx use Google Chrome or web browser (do not use opera mini).
- Instantly the home page of the JAMB CAPS Central admission opens.
- The next step is to enter your Jamb registration number in the box or space specified as UTME Registration Number.
- You then click on the submit button.
- Your details (as inputted during registration) including Jamb score, institution, date of birth, etc. will appear.
- Your admission status will appear. How to Accept & Reject Admission on Jamb CAPS portal
THE GUIDELINE BELOW IS TO ACCEPT ADMISSION STATUS.
- Go to Jamb portal: www.jamb.org.ng/efacility
- Enter your Email and Password in the space provided
- Click on CAPS
- Select Admission status
- If you are given admission and you like the school then click on On admission profile, accept or reject offer of admission.
- If the institution and course space is empty or you have not been offered admission then don’t click on accept admission. Log out and check back over and over.
- Do not be in haste but be careful to accept admission when you are not offered or when you have a higher chance of gaining admission in a better school.
- Immediately the admission offer is accepted, admission provision for that year is over.
Note: Acceptance or rejection of admission offer is free and does not attract payment.
After accepting your admission offer, you can then proceed to print your admission letter on JAMB portal.
PRINTING OF ADMISSION LETTER
Candidates can print out their Admission letters instantly without stress at the cost of N1,000 payable online. You can get the original JAMB issued admission letter by following the simple steps outlined below;
- Candidates need to check their admission status first on the JAMB website so as to confirm the admission and to know whether the admission letter is ready.
- Visit this link: JAMB Admission Status. If you get a congratulatory message and the details on the admission notification page are correct, proceed to Step For existing users, simply type in your login details. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and Password to Sign In.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Move your cursor to the“Print Admission Letter” and select it. This you can find by the sidebar or on the Home page.
- Once you select the option above (number 5), a Transaction ID is generated. This is displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Ensure you write it down for future purpose.
- The Transaction ID is used for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay (N1,000) with your card immediately. If you decide to use other means of payment such as ATM, Cash at the Bank and Quickteller, the transaction ID will also be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Year of Exam and;
- JAMB Registration Number. When all information is correctly entered, you then proceed to print out the Result Slip as shown on screen.
WHAT TO DO WHEN ONE MISTAKENLY ACCEPT OR REJECT
Many candidates have been victims of this particular scenario whereby they mistakenly click on accept instead of reject and vice versa. Don’t panic as there is a way out. The following is to be done when there is a mistake made in accepting or rejecting admission status on JAMB CAPS portal.
When such mistake is made, all you need do is to visit the JAMB office closest to your location and lay your complaint, which is you mistakenly accept or reject your admission. The officer will direct you on what to do and what step to take. My assertion on this is “prevention is better than cure”. It’s better to follow the ideal process because the procedure involved in correcting any mistake done can take longer time than anticipated.
- Jamb.org.ng – JAMB PORTAL – HOW TO, USES, AND GUIDES
- Portal.nysc.org.ng – NYSC PORTAL – HOW TO, USES AND GUIDE
- NIGERIAN TERTIARY INSTITUTION PORTALS – ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
JAMB CAPS is to ensure the smooth process of entrance examination into Nigerian tertiary institutions. More so this is an upgrade to foster ensure that prospective undergraduate who gain admission to their school of choice duly get it. JAMB CAPS which involves the printing of admission letter is a very welcome and excellent idea and this will ensure that schools release their admission list on time. Thus it is important that every students or candidate get acquainted with the operation of this portal.