UNILORIN Cut Off Mark For Medicine And Surgery, The University of Ilorin also known as well popularly called among students as UNILORIN is one of the federal university in Nigeria which double as a public school for the entire people, established in the year,1975 with a total of 200 students and with three academic faculties of Arts, Science and Education. But now housing a total capacity of 30,000 students and staff populations now stand at 3,040 in an Urban campus, Located in Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. I know this post is on UNILORIN cut off mark for medicine and surgery, but we would take a look at all their faculties and their cut off mark. The university now has 14 faculties consisting of From three faculties in 1976, today there are fifteen faculties:
UNILORIN Cut Off Mark For Medicine And Surgery / Other Faculties And Departments
- The faculty of Health Sciences consisting of two Faculties which are Basic Medical and Clinical Sciences with a cut-off of 220 in JAMB. It consists of various departments which include Veterinary Medicine, Physiology, Pharmacy, Nursing/Nursing Sciences, Anatomy, Medicine, and Surgery.
- The faculty of Arts established in 1976 with a cut-off mark of 180 in JAMB. It is made of different departments which include Performing Arts, Yoruba, History and International Studies, Linguistics, Islamic Studies, Hausa, French, English Language, Comparative Religious Studies, Igbo, Christian Studies, Arabic Studies
- The faculty of Agriculture established in 1982 with the cut-off of 180 in JAMB. It consists of various departments/courses which include Home Economics, Forestry, and Wild Life Management, Food Science and Agriculture
- The faculty of Environmental Sciences established in 2013 with a cut-off of 180. It consists of various departments.
- The faculty of Life Sciences also established in 2013 with a cut-off of 200. It consists of various departments which include Biochemistry, Zoology, Statistics, Plant Biology, Physics, Microbiology, Mathematics, Library And Information Sciences, Industrial Chemistry, Geology, Computer Sciences, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The faculty of Management Sciences established in 2013 with a cut-off of 200. It consists of various departments.
- The faculty of Physical Sciences established in 2013 with the cut-off mark of 200. It consists of various departments.
- The faculty of Social Sciences established in 2013 with the cut-off of 220. It consists of various departments which include Psychology, Political Sciences, Mass Communication, Geography, and Environmental Management, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Sociology, and Social Works.
- The faculty of Communication and Information Sciences established in 2008. It consists of various departments.
The faculty of Education also established in 1976 with a cut-off of 180 in JAMB. It consists of various departments which include Technology Education, Social Studies, Primary Education Studies, Human Kinetics, Health Education, Education Technology or Introductory Technology, Educational Management, Education And Social Studies, Education And History, Education And Geography, Education And French, Education And English Language, Education and Chemistry, Education And Biology, Education & Yoruba, Education & Physics, Education & Mathematics, Economics and Education, Adult Education, Education, and Islamic Studies, Counseling Education, Education, and Christian Religious Studies, Education and Arabic, Computer Education, Business Education, Agricultural Science, and Education.
- The faculty of Engineering and Technology established in 1978 with a cut-off of 220 in JAMB. It consists of various departments which include Architecture, Agricultural And Biosystems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Water Resources, and Environmental Engineering, Urban And Regional Planning, Telecommunication Sciences, Quantity Surveying, and Geoinformation, Metallurgical And Material Engineering
Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Information, and Communication Sciences, Electrical/Electronics, Civil Engineering
- The faculty of Pharmaceutical Science established in 2010 with the cut-off of 220. It consists of various departments which includes
- The faculty of Veterinary Medicine established in 2009 with a cut-off of 200. It consists of various departments which includes
- The faculty of Law established in 1993 with the cut-off of 220. It consists of various departments which include Common Law and Common & Islamic Law
UNILORIN Cut Off Mark For Medicine And Surgery – 220
Please note, that the competition to study Medicine and Surgery in UNILORIN is high, so try your best to be among the prospective students with the best results.
So an average score to gain admission into UNILORIN ranges from 180-220. And also with two other institutes, the Institute of Education and the Unilorin Sugar Research Institute); and the Postgraduate School. These disciplines consist of over 60 academic departments and the undergraduate degree program which runs for a period of 3-5 sometimes 6 years depending on discipline or entry qualifications.
The motto of the University of Ilorin is Probitas Doctrina and the logo is an open book with a question mark by the right-hand side. the current Chancellor is HRH Abdulmumini Kabir Usman, Emir of Katsina and his vice is Vice-Chancellor Professor Sulyman Age Abdulkareem. The first vice-chancellor is Professor O.O Akinkugbe and the official website is www.unilorin.edu.ng
UNILORIN was established in 1975 under the decree of the Federal Military Government of the Olusegun Obasanjo military regime. The institution’s landmass is approximately 5000 hectares one of the largest in Nigeria. It owned a tertiary institution of education located in the ancient city of Ilorin, the administrative capital of Kwara State of Nigeria. It is also the only Federal University not t member of the Academic Staff Union of Universities. Each semester comprises one half of an academic year as determined by the Senate.
Some notable graduates and huge successes are Nollywood actor, Femi Adebayo, Sarah Alade, former acting Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria. Ado J. G. Muhammad, director of Nigeria’s National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA). Aize Obayan, the former Director-General of National Youth Service Corps, the former vice-chancellor, Covenant University, and current vice-chancellor of Landmark University, award-winning Nigerian comedic actor, Nkem Owoh, Johnson Bamidele Olawumi, the Registrar Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Is-haq Oloyede. All great people produced by the University of Ilorin.
The university also has several Public Units which include the University Primary School, the University Secondary School, the Science Laboratory Technology, the Library which is involved in rendering service to the University and the public.
Studying Medicine And Surgery In UNILORIN
Medicine and surgery is not just one of the biggest courses UNILORIN or in Nigeria but probably also in the world. It consists of various and numerous subfields such as neurosurgery (study/doctor of the brain) and so on.
- For direct entry, the requirements are: ‘A’ level passes to include Physics, Chemistry Biology/Zoology in addition to UTME requirements BSC, ND/HND/BOS in relevant fields, or IJMB First Degree (1st class or 2nd Class Upper.
- And for UTME the requirements consist of five SSCE credit passes including Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and English Language. And the jamb combination consists of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics, and English Language.
In order to qualify for admission, try making sure that your UNILORIN cut off mark for medicine and surgery score is as high as 240 and above in jamb
Conclusion On UNILORIN Cut Off Mark For Medicine And Surgery
All you need to know as regarding UNILORIN also studying medicine and surgery has been clearly explained in the proceeding paragraphs, also the cut-off mark and basic requirements of the institution have been clearly defined, we wish you all the best in your endeavors.