JAMB Subject Combination For Sociology And WAEC Subject Requirements. SOCIOLOGY is a field of inquiry in Social Science that deals with the society, including the pattern of social relationship, social interaction, and culture. The term Sociology was coined by Auguste Comte, a French philosopher in 1839 from two (2) Latin words ‘societies’ which means society and ‘logos’ which means study, therefore the etymological meaning of Sociology is the study of society but with a broad scope that covers social stratification, social mobility, social class, religion, law, secularization, sexuality, and deviance.
JAMB SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR SOCIOLOGY
- English Language
- 3 Subjects chosen from Science, Social Science or Arts Subjects
WAEC Subject Requirements For Sociology
THE SSCE requirements for Sociology are: Five (5) SSC credit passes to include
- English Language,
- one (1) Science subject
- and any Arts or Social Science subject.
* PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY requires‘o’ level credit passes in English Language and three (3) Social sciences or Arts subjects plus at least ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics.
History /Government plus two other Social Sciences/Arts subject
Before going fully into the main topic – JAMB subject combination for Sociology and WAEC subject requirements, let learn more about this course.
Sociologists are the social scientists that studies sociology and their career options include: –
- BUSINESS-consumer research, entrepreneurship, human resource, insurance, marketing/sales, public relations, media
- COMMUNITY SERVICES: advocacy, childcare, community development, environmental groups, non-profit agencies and urban planning. education: admissions, career counselor, administrative support, teaching
- HEALTH SERVICES: family planner, hospital admissions, insurance providers, substance abuse education and rehabilitation counseling.
- LAW: attorney, law investigation/enforcement, paralegal, probation and parole administration.
- PUBLISHING: professional writing, research, and journalism
- SOCIAL SERVICES: administration, case management, elderly & youth services, recreation, rehabilitation and social work.
SOCIOLOGY AS A DISCIPLINE IN NIGERIA
SOCIOLOGY as a discipline in Nigeria is limited only to Universities and it is offered as a single major or double major in Sociology/Anthropology.
- The Course is offered singly under the Faculty/School/College of Arts leading to the award of Bachelor of Arts in the following schools;
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, EBONYI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY-KASHERE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY-NDUFU
- PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY, BOKKOS
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA
The course is offered as a double major course of SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY in the Faculty of Arts in FEDERAL UNIVERSITY-OTUOKE.
The course is offered in the Faculty/School/College of Social and Management studies leading to the award of Bachelor degree of Science .B.Sc. (Hons) in the following schools:-
- Abia State University Uturu (ABSU)
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO
- Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba(AAUA)
- Ado Bayero University, Kano
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI(ABUAD)
- Ahmadu Bello University, KADUNA(ABU)
- AL-QALAM UNIVERSITY, KATSINA
- Ambrose Ali University, EKPOMA(AAUA)
- Bauchi State University(BASU)
- Benue State University, Makurdi(BSU)
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, NASARAWA
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, ENUGU
- Chukuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli (COOUU)
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, OTA
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA
- Delta State University, Abraka
- EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY, ORLU(EPU)
- Edo State University, Iyamho
- Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti
- Federal University-DUTSINMA
- Federal University-GASHUA
- Federal University-GUSAU
- Federal University-KEBBI
- Federal University-LAFIA
- Federal University-OYEEKITI
- Federal University-WUKARI
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu-Nike (GOUU)
- Gombe State University
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU
- Imo State University
- JOSEPH AYODELE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI(JABU)
- University of Jos
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- KWARARAFA UNIVERSITY WUKARI
- Kwara State University, Ilorin
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU ARAN
- Lagos State University
- LEADCITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN
- LEGACY UNIVERSITY, OKIJA
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, OKIJA
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
- Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- NOVENA UNIVERSITY, OGUME
- OBONG UNIVERSITY, ABAK
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- PAUL UNIVERSITY, AWKA
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, EDE
- RHEMA UNIVERSITY, ABA
- RITMAN UNIVERSITY, IKOT-EKPENE
- Sokoto State University, Sokoto
- Taraba State University, Jalingo
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of ABUJA
- University of Calabar, Calabar
- University of IBADAN
- University of ILORIN (ILORIN)
- University of Lagos(LAGOS)
- UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO
- Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto
- Umaru Musa Yar’dua University, Katsina (UMUKY)
- HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO
- WESTERN-DELTA UNIVERSITY, OGHARA
- Yobe State University
THE SSCE SUBJECTS REQUIREMENTS FOR SOCIOLOGY
GENERAL COURSE REQUIREMENTS
Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, History/Government/Economics one (1) Science subject and any Arts or Social Science subject.
- Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba requires ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, and any two (2) Social/ Science or Arts subjects.
- Ahmadu Bello University requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Government or History, Economics, Geography, Christian Religious Studies / Islamic Studies and at least ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics.
- Ambrose Ali University, University of BENIN and Delta State University require ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics.
- ABSU and the University of CALABAR accept ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics. (vii) IBADAN accepts five (5) ‘O’ level credits passes from Arts, Sciences or Social /Sciences.
- ABUAD requires ‘O’ level credit passes in English language, Mathematics, Government and any other two (2) Social Science subjects.
- Bauchi State University requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes from any Social Science or Arts subjects.
- Delta State University and BOWEN UNIVERSITY require five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, and any two (2) Social Science subjects plus any other subject.
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY-LAFIA requires ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Government and any two (2) of Economics, Commerce, History, Islamic Studies or Christian Religious Studies. JABU requires at least ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics.
- FED-DUTSINMA requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in Government or History/Civic Education, Mathematics, nglish and any 2 other subjects.
- FED-OYE EKITI requires ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics and one ( 1) Science subject.
- GOUU requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, History or Government or Economics and two (2) Science, Arts or Social Science subjects.
- Kaduna State University requires ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics.
- KSU requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Economics/Geography/Government and any two (2) other relevant subjects.
- Kwara State University requires ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Government and any two (2) other Social Science subjects.
- LAGOS requires English Language, Mathematics, and any two (2) of Economics, Government/History, Civic Education and Geography and any one (1) of Literature in English, Christian Religious Studies / Islamic Studies and any Nigerian Language.
- Lagos State University requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language and three (3) other subjects from Economics, Government, Commerce, Geography, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Studies, Accounts, Yoruba or a Science subject.
- Niger Delta University requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Government or History and three (3) other subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
- The University of ILORIN requires at least two (2) Social Science subjects and ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics and accepts five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes from Arts, Science or Social Science Subjects.
- REDEEMERS results combination is 5 O level credit passes which include Mathematics and English Language and 3 subjects in additional from Social Sciences or Arts.
- PAUL requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language, Mathematics and three (3) Arts/Social Science subjects.
- UMYUK combination is 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, and any two Social Science subjects and any other one Arts subject at not more than two sittings.
- The UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT requires ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any three (3) others from Social Science and Arts subjects.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR SOCIOLOGY IN THE ABOVE NAMED SCHOOLS
The General Course Requirements are History /Government and two 2 other Social Sciences/Arts subject.
- ABUAD requires any two (2) Social Science subject
- BAYERO requires Government or History plus two (2) other Social Science subjects
- BSU accepts any three (3) subjects from Arts or Social Sciences.
- DELSU requires two (2) Social science subjects and any other subject.
- FED-LAFIA requires Government and any two (2) of Economics, Commerce, History, Geography, Literature in English or Christian Religious Studies / Islamic Studies.WESTERN-DEL requires three (3) Social Science or Arts subjects.
- IBADAN – The three (3) subjects to be chosen from Arts, Science or Social Science subjects.
- KSU accepts English Language, Mathematics and two (2) others from Government or History, Economics, Geography, Commerce and Agricultural Science.
- LASU requires Government/History, Economics/Commerce, and any other Social Science subject.
- LAGOS requires two (2) Social Science subjects and one (1) Arts subject. Accepts Mathematics as UTME subject.
- PHC and AAU accept Mathematics as one of the UTME subjects.
- UNIVERSITY OF ADO-EKITI, FED-OYE, ABU, and ABUAD require Government/History plus two (2) other subjects.
SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
The following institutions offer it as a double major course in the faculty/college/school of social science/Business Studies:-.
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN
- Ebonyi State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY
- Niger Delta University
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- University of MAIDUGURI
- University of BENIN
- University of Nigeria
- University of UYO
- Yobe State University
WAEC SSCE SUBJECTS REQUIREMENTS FOR SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY IN THESE SCHOOLS ARE
Five (5) SSC credit passes in Government or History, English Language and three (3) other subjects. N.B: A pass in Mathematics is required.
JAMB UTME SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY FOR THE SCHOOLS IN THE ABOVE-MENTIONED SCHOOLS
Government or History plus two (2) other Social Science/Arts subjects.
Sociology is a social science with different orientation and requirements in different institutions, thus applicant chance of admission into the course is not only dependent on performance but on also fulfilling the necessary SSCE requirements and UTME subject combination
As a prospective sociologist, take your time to consider the institution with the best programme for you and you are qualified for based on your SSCE results and let that determine your UTME subject combination
- WAEC SUBJECT REQUIREMENT FOR MASS COMMUNICATION AND JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION
- JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE AND WAEC SUBJECT REQUIREMENT
- JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR ESTATE MANAGEMENT AND WAEC SUBJECTS REQUIREMENTS
- JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR ESTATE MANAGEMENT AND WAEC SUBJECTS REQUIREMENTS
- JAMB Subject Combination For Economics And WAEC Subject Required For Economics
Tags: JAMB Subject Combination For Sociology and Anthropology / WAEC Subjects Requirements